Master of Music (Musicology/Ethnomusicology)
What will I study?
On completion of this course students should be able to:
- Apply the best practices of local, national and international standards in their professional performance in their chosen specialisation
- Pursue an informed program of independent further study in their chosen area of specialisation in music
- Provide leadership in the profession in their chosen area of specialisation in music
- Use current technologies and assimilate the potential of emerging technologies to facilitate and heighten the dissemination of skills, knowledge and information
- Value and participate in projects requiring team-work
On completion of the Musicology or Ethnomusicology stream, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge in the area of their research in music
- Present their research in publishable form or work towards incorporating their findings in further research
- Proceed to the PhD if their MMus thesis has demonstrated appropriate research potential
- Apply the experience gained in their training to the practical needs of society as appropriate
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this degree.