Master of Primary Health Care
- CRICOS Code: 046262J
- 2 years full time / 4 years part time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic and international students.
The Master of Primary Health Care at University of Melbourne enables students to undertake a major research project on a primary health care topic of their choice. Students will have appropriately experienced supervisor/s and an Advisory Committee who in consultation, arranges a course of supervised research designed to suit the individual requirements and interests of the student.
Students may be required to supplement their research program by attendance at, or enrolment in, additional subjects if considered necessary by supervisors.
All students are required to attend departmental seminars over the period of their candidature. When students have completed their research, they should have developed competency in the conduct of research methodologies in the primary health care setting. Students will produce a 30,000-40,000 word thesis that is examined externally.
- You may commence at any time during the year between 1 February and 31 October. Commencement in January or December is not advisable.
- Commencement in the degree is subject to prior arrangement with your nominated supervisor (Scholarships have separate rules and you should seek approval from Melbourne Scholarships to vary your scholarship commencement).
- Please check with the relevant academic unit prior to making any arrangements for enrolment or travel.