Master of Primary Health Care
- CRICOS Code: 046262J
What will I study?
- You will be enrolled into a thesis subject for the duration of the degree and will be required to undertake a major research project on a primary health care topic of your choice.
- The normal period of candidature is 18 months for full-time candidates with the possibility of up to 6 months extension.
- You will be required to complete a minimum of 6 months full-time research at the University to benefit from planning, conducting and writing up of your research within a University community and environment.
- Normally the entire degree is undertaken at the University.
- You will have appropriately experienced academics available to arrange a course of supervised research designed to suit your individual requirements and interests.
- You may be required to supplement your research program by attendance at, or enrolment in, additional subjects if considered necessary by the supervisor(s).
- You will be expected to attend departmental seminars over the period of your candidature.
- Academic progress is reviewed regularly throughout the degree.
- Your thesis will be examined externally. The thesis should normally be between 30,000 and 40,000 words in length excluding tables, illustrations and bibliography.
- You should refer to the University policy library and the Graduate Research Hub for further information regarding candidature, academic progress, ethics, thesis preparation and examination.
- To be eligible to submit a thesis for examination, you must be enrolled in your course for the minimum period of 6 months full-time equivalent.