Master of Producing
- CRICOS code: 075500D
Where will this take me?
Build networks with other students that will assist you throughout your career. Become a producer for film, documentary and animation in a variety of industries, from Australian film, television, advertising and allied industries.
Upon completion of the program, graduates can select to undertake further study in one of our research master degrees.
On completion of this course, graduates will have:
- developed their creative abilities and business skills as a professional producer for the 21st century
- developed a sound understanding of the structure of the Australian Film, Television and allied industries
- demonstrated an entrepreneurial approach coupled with an understanding of how to engage with key industry players
- gained confidence to critically and creatively engage with topics of cultural significance across communities
- gained an understanding of how filmmaking connects with the broader society and contributes to its social and economic development
- demonstrated the capacity to produce a substantial short creative project working with a graduating VCA Film and Television writer/director.
Maggie Miles is a graduate of Film and Television (Producing) at the Victorian College of the Arts. Since graduating, Maggie has established the Australian based production company Savage Films.