Master of Professional Management
Why study Professional Management at Melbourne Business School?
- Be future focused: Develop a skill-set that focuses on high performance and adaptive management and core business skills.
- Flexible and 100% online: Study when and where you want with our online learning platform designed to keep you engaged, connected with your peers and test your knowledge.
- Stack your masters the way you want: You have the option to start with a Graduate Certificate in Business which will make up the first 4 subjects of this course.
- Study with a cohort of experienced professionals: Network with and learn from your peers in online discussion forums and group activities in a professional environment.
- Leading reputation: The Master of Professional Management is delivered by leading academics and industry experts. Melbourne is ranked 26th globally for Business & Management (QS World University Rankings by subject 2020).
What is it about?
Rapid change and complexity are increasingly inherent to industry and organisations. Managers of today and tomorrow need to navigate this complexity, make agile decisions, lead the right change, do more with less, and enable their teams to achieve their best performance.
The Master of Professional Management focuses on multi-disciplinary approaches to management and leadership, is applicable across all industries, and uses real life case studies. Graduates develop an advanced knowledge of core aspects of modern management and leadership in complex and changing organisational and industry environments.
The program equips managers from across diverse industries to be high performers. It develops the core competencies of contemporary management and leadership:
- Adaptive and strategic leadership
- Talent and team management
- Influencing and engaging stakeholders for strategic outcomes
- Complex decision-making in a digitised world
- Service excellence and developing customer-centric cultures
- Strategy at the frontline
- Effective resource management: high performance and lean operations
Who is it for?
The program is specifically designed for mid-level managers and professionals who are looking to move their career to the next level, those who would like to gain a deeper understanding of business and their management role or those with a non-business background. It’s designed to meet the needs of professionals and fit in with their busy lives.