Master of Science (Computer Science)
- CRICOS Code: 094595A
Where will this take me?
Our graduates go on to work as:
- Software developers and engineers
- Systems and cybersecurity analysts
- Data scientists and analysts
- Digital policy advisors
- Project managers.
Employers in this field include:
- IT companies such as IBM, Microsoft and Google
- Consulting firms including Deloitte and Accenture
- Major banks and financial services firms such as ANZ and NAB
- Academic and public research institutions such as universities.
Technical and professional skills
On graduating from the course you’ll have a broad grounding across the breadth of advanced computer science.
Additionally, you’ll have strong professional skills in:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Research planning and execution
- Scientific communication.
At the end of the course, you’ll be well-placed to begin a PhD in the computer science field.
Spotlight on collaboration
Industry collaborations are essential for researchers in computer science and related fields.
One of our researchers worked with a US-based clothing company to introduce augmented reality 'storytelling' to the in-store customer experience, while another has teamed up with Microsoft Research to develop software that can predict a person's destination, based on real-time path of travel tracked on a smartphone.