Where will this take me?
Our graduates go on to work as foresters, ecologists, landscape managers, sustainability experts, environmental risk managers and research and policy advisors.
Employers in this field include:
- Government departments of environment and economic development, including VicForests and the Forestry Corporation of NSW
- Universities and public research institutions such as the CSIRO.
Technical and professional skills
On graduating from the course you’ll have in-depth knowledge of your chosen area, plus strong professional skills in:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Research design and literature reviews
- Analysing and interpreting data
- Communicating research findings.
At the end of the course, you’ll be well-placed to undertake a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) if you wish.
Sarah McColl Gausden