Master of Surgical Education
Learn online and face-to-face
Subjects in this course offer a mix of in-person teaching and digital resources. As well as one-day intensive workshops held at the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in East Melbourne, you’ll have access to high-quality online education tools, accessible any time – all you need is a computer and an internet connection.
Why study online?
The online learning environment has been carefully devised by expert academics, alongside learning designers and technology specialists, to facilitate an interactive and flexible student experience.
At the University of Melbourne, you will have access to the best minds and a dynamic peer group. Throughout the course you will be able to engage closely with fellow online students and share your knowledge with each other.
Gain access to the highest levels of support
From your initial expression of interest right through to graduation, you’ll receive all the technical support you need.
Don’t be surprised if you learn our student support team members by name – they are dedicated, personal and friendly and they understand that every student experience is unique. If a challenge arises, they’ll do everything in their power to assist you so that you can continue to have an excellent learning experience.
Our online student support consultants can assist with:
- Enrolment and subject assistance
- Administrative logistics and fee options
- Technical support, regular health checks, and technical support during live webinars
- Online learning skills and workload management
- Special circumstances.
Who you will learn from
This course is offered through the University of Melbourne’s Department of Surgery and Austin Health, in partnership with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), giving you access to the expertise of all three institutions.
Meet the team
- Academic Coordinator, Professor Chris Christophi, Professor and Head of Department of Surgery at Austin Hospital.
- Course Director, Professor Debra Nestel, Professor of Surgical Education, Department of Surgery at Austin Hospital.