Master of Theatre (Dramaturgy)
- CRICOS Code: 085431G
Where will this take me?
Artistic collaborations with directors, choreographers, designers and other performance makers at the VCA, provide a unique opportunity to develop creative partnerships that can lead to future collaborations in your profession.
On completion of this course, graduates will have developed:
- Potential for artistic leadership and gain in-depth knowledge of dramaturgical philosophies and practices
- Ability to creatively engage with textual, visual and performed artworks
- Knowledge of practical and critical approaches to develop the future of Australian performance culture
- Ability to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary projects
- Advanced skills to work effectively in rehearsals with directors and creative teams.
Our graduates have gone on to work in academia, creative industries management, theatre production and arts advocacy.
- Upon completion of the program, graduates can select to undertake further study in one of our research master degrees.
Meet our Alum Stéphanie
Director dramaturge Stéphanie shares a glimpse of her packed workday, from developing a kids show to Zoom meetings and reflects on her time at the VCA.