Master of Theatre (Screen Acting)
This course is no longer being offered in 2021
How do I apply?
There are three components to each application. Applicants must complete components 1 and 2 by the application closing date:
- University Application
A direct application via the University Application Portal.
- Supplementary application form
As part of your supplementary application, please upload the following to SlideRoom:
- professional statement (1000 words maximum)
- 2 referees (professional or academic)
- Upload an audition.
The interview is an opportunity for applicants to speak to their own vocal practice and their aspirations in undertaking the course. We are seeking to select students who show passion for this field of enquiry, scholarship and creativity, and a desire to help others to develop their vocal, personal and creative potential. Applicants will be asked to sight-read a short piece of text and will have the opportunity to ask questions of the panel.
Can't attend the interview?
While we strongly recommend all shortlisted applicants in the main intake to attend the interview in person, applicants who are overseas or interstate may alternatively attend a phone online interview. Please indicate your availability in the SlideRoom component of your application and further instructions will be sent after the application close date.
Applicants will need to upload a video recording of themselves presenting two pieces of text, a piece of poetry and a piece of prose of their choosing (no more than two minutes per piece), to show an engagement with text and use of the voice. The pieces do not need to be memorised.
This audition must be uploaded as part of your supplementary application form.
Graduate Access Melbourne
Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your WAM (weighted average mark) is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, however you still need to meet course prerequisites. You may be also eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
* Disadvantaged financial background
* From a rural or isolated area
* Under-represented school
* Difficult circumstances
* Disability or medical condition
* Non-English speaking background
* Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
* Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible as well as instructions on how to apply via the Graduate Access Melbourne page.
Before you apply
- Check the degree website
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you’re eligible
- Ensure you meet the University’s English language requirements
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
- Complete a direct application via the University's application portal using course code MTHACTING
- Complete your supplementary application form