Master of Theatre (Writing)
- CRICOS Code: 075502B
Where will this take me?
Artistic collaborations with directors, choreographers, designers and other performance makers at the VCA, provide a unique opportunity to develop creative partnerships that can lead to future collaborations in your profession.
On completion of this course, graduates will have developed:
- Advanced skills and expertise to conceptualise, realise and present original writing for performance and/or performance oriented projects in diverse forms
- Their capacity to evaluate, discriminate and make informed choices as part of writing practice within aesthetic domains
- Expert skills in collaborating with other theatre artists and diverse communities
- Demonstrated knowledge of problem solving abilities and flexibility of approach
- Advanced skills in articulating ideas and processes inherent in their creative work within the context of relevant artistic discourse and research.
With the skills gained from your Masters, you can take on a variety of writing styles. Professional work could include writing for theatre, dance, music theatre, opera and other cross discipline productions.
Upon completion of the program, graduates can select to undertake further study in one of our research master degrees.