Master of Urban and Cultural Heritage
- CRICOS code: 082253M
What will I study?
The Master of Urban and Cultural Heritage comprises 100 points, with 50 points of core subjects, and 50 points of electives. Upon
completion of the core subject stream, students can choose to take an industry internship or complete
a minor research thesis.
The program is unique in its approach, which includes:
- Cross-disciplinary and integrated approaches to Heritage
- Professional skills development in Heritage design, research, theory and presentation
- Industry Partners involved in Specialist Teaching
- Research by Urban and Cultural Heritage Minor Thesis
- Flexible course structure
Heritage Internship opportunities
Internships are offered in both short and long formats and are tailored to the unique skills, needs and interests of individual students. All Internships are subject to availability, acceptance by the host organisation and approval by the internship subject coordinator.
Nested qualifications/exit points
For applicants looking to professionally upgrade, but who do not wish to complete the full Masters program, the option is available to exit the degree early and attain one of the following qualifications:
- Specialist Certificate in Urban and Cultural Heritage (25 credit points of core subjects), or;
- Graduate Certificate in Urban and Cultural Heritage (50 credit points of core subjects).
Australian Centre for Architectural History, Urban and Cultural Heritage (ACAHUCH) MicroCert Series
The ACAHUCH Melbourne MicroCert series is designed for professionals of diverse backgrounds seeking to expand their applied skills in Urban and Cultural Heritage.
Four online short courses draw upon the world-leading research, teaching and industry expertise within the Centre. Whether you’re looking to upskill, expand your knowledge or take the next step in your career, our innovative and engaging courses will help unlock your potential so you can thrive in a continuously evolving world.
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this degree.