Master of Urban Planning
- CRICOS code: 002524M
What will I study?
To complete the Master of Urban Planning you will undertake:
- Eight core subjects (100 points): Core subjects provide you with the knowledge and technical skills needed to generate, evaluate, and implement plans as well as insight into economic and environmental changes in cities.
- Four specialisation subjects (50 points)
- Capstone subject (25 points). You must complete MSD Minor thesis
- Two multidisciplinary electives (25 points): You choose two electives from other disciplines at the Melbourne School of Design or other faculties in subjects such as such as economics, engineering, public health, development studies, social work and law. Planners work with many other disciplines in practice and these subjects prepare you to work effectively in industry.
Specialise your skills
Develop expertise in an area of specialisation to prepare yourself for a focused career. As well as core courses, electives and a research thesis, you will complete four courses in one of the following areas:
- International Development and Planning
- Social Planning
- Bushfire Planning
- Analytic Methods
Sample course plan
View some sample course plans to help you select subjects that will meet the requirements for this coursework.
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this degree.