Professional Certificate in Education (Positive Behaviour and Learning)
What will I study?
The course provides you with practical opportunities to investigate functional relationships between environment, learning and behaviour. You will be asked to reflect critically on classroom implications for promoting positive learning and behaviour in professional practice.
There is a particular focus on curriculum approaches to support students with additional needs, and on the function of challenging behaviour.
- Course code: GC-PEDPBL
- 1 year part-time
- 25 points of coursework, comprising 2 x compulsory 12.5 point subjects:
- Promoting Positive Learning
- Promoting Positive Behaviour
For detailed course and subject information, see the University Handbook: Professional Certificate in Education (Positive Behaviour and Learning).
- Subject materials are available online, enabling students to choose whether to attend classes on-campus or study online at their own pace (subject to University deadlines).
- Where learning is supplemented with face-to-face tutorials, non-attendance at these would not disadvantage students in rural locations.
Semester 1, Semester 2
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this certificate.