Professional Certificate in Education (Positive Education)
Where will this take me?
This course equips you with strategic approaches to lead real change in your school or institution. You will return to your organisation with a grounding in the science of positive psychology, and the practical knowhow to strategically apply it in an educational setting.
Students completing the course will:
- Be up-to-date with current thinking and research in the field of positive psychology, and understand its application to educational and other relevant contexts
- Understand how positive psychology may be used to facilitate the learning process, particularly for young learners
- Understand the varied strengths and approaches to learning demonstrated by young people
- Understand a variety of approaches to creating a learning environment that fosters creativity, innovation and social responsibility among learners of all ages
- Be familiar with a range of asset-based approaches to learning, and understand how to mobilise these assets.
Article: Taking positive psychology into the classroom
Positive psychology in schools is exploring how best to apply the science of wellbeing in key learning environments - helping students develop skills for life.