Professional Certificate in Global Wine Studies
Where will this take me?
Who this course is for
This course has been designed for students who have already taken or are currently undertaking the pre-requisite subjects or equivalent:
- Australia in the Wine World (AGRI20030)
- A Taste of Europe: Melbourne intensive (EURO20007) or Vine to Wine (AGRI20027); and
- Wines of the World (UNIB30008).
Intended learning outcomes
The objective of this graduate qualification is to provide:
- An international capstone component to the current breadth sequence in wine offered at the University of Melbourne providing both disciplinary and cohort coherence and a bridge between undergraduate experience and what lies beyond
- Students with a greater depth of understanding of the global wine industry, through grounding this knowledge in a broad and international intellectual and cultural framework, developing capacity for graduates to work adaptively in settings that are professionally, culturally and geographically diverse
- An opportunity for students to experience the international wine industry in situ in France and explore the evolving patterns of global interconnection within the wine industry together with its cultural diversity
- Students with experiences in foreign languages (French) which explicitly address cross‐cultural communication issues and provide training in language and intercultural skills
- Capstone experience both disciplinary and cohort coherence and a bridge between undergraduate experience and what lies beyond
- Integration of disciplinary knowledge and skills as a core characteristic of the capstone experience.
Students who successfully complete the course may be eligible for credit into Masters courses offered by the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences.