Professional Certificate in Positive Psychology
Where will this take me?
This course equips you with strategic approaches to lead real change in your organisation, and valuable transferrable skills. You will return to your organisation with a grounding in the science of positive psychology, and the practical know-how to strategically apply it in a professional setting.
Students completing the course will be able to:
- Apply contemporary scientific theories of positive psychology to understand issues of well-being in applied settings
- Reflect on current trends in positive psychology research
- Describe and critique key positive psychological constructs and their measurement
- Conceptualise personal and work related experiences using positive psychological concepts
- Design a positive psychology program based on existing theory and evidence
- Evaluate a positive psychology program using appropriate positive psychological measurement and evaluation methods
- Apply contemporary evidence on positive psychological interventions
- Demonstrate key introductory skills of positive psychology coaching.
Lara Mossman (BSc, MA, MAPP) teaches into the undergraduate breadth subjects, professional certificates and Masters programs that are run by the Centre for Positive Psychology. She has developed content and assessment for several positive psychology informed subjects in Australian Universities. Lara is a Ph.D. candidate whose research involved the development of an online training program for youth sport coaches that draws on positive psychology and self-determination theory. She also writes for the Player Development Project and Football Federation Victoria’s Coaching Resource website.