Where will this take me?
Continue your professional development
For optometrists in Australia and New Zealand, this Specialist Certificate easily satisfies your annual CPD point quota, as determined by the Optometry Board of Australia.
Successful completion of this subject provides 25 points of credit into the Master of Clinical Optometry.
Please note: Registration to practice in Australia is not granted on completion of this course.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course the students should have:
- Advanced knowledge and skills in their selected fields of clinical optometry
- Detailed knowledge in the use and application of specific advanced diagnostic techniques and/or instrumentation
- An advanced ability to evaluate and synthesise research from the scientific and clinical literature
- An appreciation of the value of, and the ability to achieve, collaboration with other healthcare professionals as an effective means to aid clinical problem-solving
- The capacity to interpret and integrate information from a variety of sources (such as patient presentation details, advanced diagnostic techniques, scientific, clinical and technical literature, and other healthcare professionals) in the development of the most appropriate patient management
- The ability and initiative to offer enhanced clinical services based on their in-depth study in selected fields of clinical optometry
- Have advanced their clinical skills and developed flexibility of outlook such that they are better able to respond to future paradigm shifts in the scope of optometric management.