Specialist Certificate in Biotechnology (Enterprise)
As a student in this 100% online course, you will have access to high-quality online education tools – all you need is a computer and an internet connection.
Your virtual classroom is academically robust and designed to prepare you for competition in your field. You will expand your skills and knowledge via innovative technologies such as webinars, podcasts and moderated discussion forums.
Why study online?
The online learning environment has been carefully devised by expert academics, alongside learning designers and technology specialists, to facilitate an interactive and flexible student experience.
At the University of Melbourne, you will have access to the best minds and a dynamic peer group. Throughout the course you will be able to engage closely with fellow online students and share your knowledge with each other.
Gain access to the highest levels of support
From your initial expression of interest right through to graduation, you’ll receive all the technical support you need.
Don’t be surprised if you learn our student support team members by name – they are dedicated, personal and friendly and they understand that every student experience is unique. If a challenge arises, they’ll do everything in their power to assist you so that you can continue to have an excellent learning experience.
Our online student support consultants can assist with:
- Enrolment and subject assistance
- Administrative logistics and fee options
- Technical support, regular health checks, and technical support during live webinars
- Online learning skills and workload management
- Special circumstances.
Who you will learn from
You will learn from a leading team of experts from the Faculty of Business and Economics and the Faculty of Science, as well as a wide range of external contributors spanning a diversity of expertise, including:
- Ms Michelle McNamara is the course coordinator and Enterprise Fellow University of Melbourne. Michelle has over 30 years in the medicines, medical device and agriculture sectors of biotech, with corporate and consulting roles in business development, commercial management and product development
- Dr Jacqui Waterkyn is Head of Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Operations at Ascend Biopharmaceuticals and Associate Director, Sponsor Operations Orygen, a leading Australian Mental Health research institutes. Jacqui has over 20 years experience in regulation of medicines and medical devices
- Dr Tam Nyguen is Associate Director Research St Vincent’s Hospital. With expertise in medical devices, Tam is responsible for research strategy, business development and administration. Tam recently co-founded an investment fund supporting Australian biotech and medtech start-ups
- Michelle Peake is Senior Consultant Seer Pharma. As part of Seer Pharma, Michelle provides advice, training to pharmaceutical, medical device, life science manufacturers and other industries on matters of Quality Assurance and GMP
- Mr Paul Docherty is CEO 3D MediTech specialising in 3D printing of medical devices. Paul is a serial entrepreneur in the health sector.
- Ms Penny Field is principal consultant with Bioregulatory Consulting. Penny specialises in the development and registration of biopharmaceuticals leveraging her industry experience in the registration of biopharmaceuticals and vaccines with CSL Limited and Amgen
- Contribution to course development also comes from a range of other experts, such as Elpis Baron, CEO of Barons Medical Consulting. As Director of BMC, Elpis provides clinical research consulting services to international medical technology organisations, device manufacturers and suppliers.