As a student at a school committed to professional, continuing and executive education, you’ll have access to high-quality online education tools – all you need is a computer and an internet connection.
Your virtual classroom is academically robust and designed to prepare you for competition in your field. You will expand your skills and knowledge via innovative technologies like webinars, podcasts and moderated discussion forums.
Why study online?
The online learning environment has been carefully devised by expert academics, alongside learning designers and technology specialists, to facilitate an interactive and flexible student experience.
At the University of Melbourne, you will have access to the best minds and a dynamic peer group. Throughout the course, you will be able to engage closely with fellow online students and share your knowledge with each other.
Gain access to the highest levels of support
From your initial expression of interest right through to graduation, you’ll receive all the technical support you need.
Don’t be surprised if you learn our student support team members by name – they are dedicated, personal and friendly and they understand that every student experience is unique. If a challenge arises, they’ll do everything in their power to assist you so that you can continue to have an excellent learning experience.
Our online student support consultants can assist with:
- Enrolment and subject assistance
- Administrative logistics and fee options
- Technical support, regular health checks, and technical support during live webinars
- Online learning skills and workload management
- Special circumstances.
Who you will learn from
The Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre is an alliance of 10 leading research, clinical and academic institutions with a shared commitment to saving lives through the integration of cancer research, education and patient care. The scale and depth in expertise, knowledge, practice and patient numbers it represents, provides unprecedented access to learn from the pioneers driving the next generation of improvements in prevention, detection and cancer treatment.
Through the online learning community, you’ll become part of a global network of cancer care professionals who are passionate about providing top-quality clinical care and high impact cancer research.
- Professor Grant McArthur, Executive Director, Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre and Medical Oncologist, Peter MacCallum Centre
- Dr David Kok, Radiation Oncologist, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Dr Joep Vissers, Senior Research Fellow, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Associate Professor Andrew Weickhardt, Medical Oncologist, Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre
- Associate Professor Brigid Lynch, Principal Fellow, Cancer Epidemiology and Intelligence Division, Cancer Council Victoria
- Dr Julia Lai Kwon, Oncologist, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Dr Lucinda Morris, Radiation Oncologist, Westmead Hospital
- Dr Kirsten Fairfax, Blood Cells and Blood Cancer division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute
- Dr Holly Barker, ACRF Cancer Biology and Stem Cells division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute
- Dr Stephen Mieruszynski, Postdoctoral Fellow, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute
- Ann Byrne, PhD student, Cancer Therapeutics Program, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre