Specialist Certificate in Clinical Leadership
“I have not done a course before that impacted on my clinical work so directly and profoundly. Even my junior doctors have noted the difference in me. The course presenters were of a superior calibre and shared their stories and knowledge so generously. Jill is a gem! Definitely a course that stays with you long after the last assessment.”
- Catherine, Consultant Psychiatrist
"The course was intellectually stimulating and at the same time practical. There were many lectures from leaders in healthcare. I would recommend the course to healthcare professionals wanting to develop their leadership and management skills.”
- Doug, Director Department of General Medicine
"Having a framework for unpacking leadership and management issues has proved invaluable. The practical focus of the course material places you in a far more powerful position when it comes to negotiating future leadership roles and responsibilities.”
- Kudzai, Telehealth Clinical Lead and Specialist Physician
Subjects in this course offer a mix of in-person teaching and digital resources. You’ll have access to educators from business and clinical backgrounds, driven by evidence-based pedagogy.
At the University of Melbourne, you will have access to the best minds and a dynamic peer group. Throughout the course you will be able to engage closely with fellow students and share your knowledge with each other.
The Parkville campus
The University of Melbourne’s Parkville campus is an exciting place to study. As a student based at Parkville, you will enjoy:
An engaged cohort and professional network
You’ll join the brightest students from across Australia and the world and become part of a dynamic academic community. You will be able to engage closely with academic experts and peers and build a vital professional network.
University support services
We ensure a supportive environment for all students and offer a range of enrichment activities, including a student mentoring program, wellbeing services and academic skills support.
A vibrant campus
Our Parkville campus is a city within a city. With cafes, 12 libraries, gyms, specialty stores, a small supermarket, and even a seasonal farmers market, you’ll never have to leave.
Melbourne city life
The Parkville campus is located just a short walk to the Melbourne CBD, the famous Queen Victoria Market and a host of cafes, restaurants, shops, theatres, galleries and bars.
Who will you learn from
- Professor Jill Klein, Program Director, Professor, Melbourne Business School and Melbourne Medical School
- Professor Shitij Kapur, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, The University of Melbourne
- Associate Professor David Smallwood, Director, Medical Education Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Associate Professor Kannan Sethuraman, Associate Professor of Operations Management Melbourne Business School
- Associate Professor Jennifer Overbeck, Associate Professor of Management Melbourne Business School