Specialist Certificate in Clinical Research (Neuroscience)
What will I study?
The Specialist Certificate in Clinical Research (Neuroscience) is offered through two subjects, each delivered intensively over a week by a team with expertise across the breadth of clinical neuroscience research.
Intended learning outcomes
Graduates of the Specialist Certificate in Clinical Research (Neuroscience) should:
- Have a high-level understanding of the major activities involved in planning clinical research methodologies applicable to problems in neurological disease
- Have a sound knowledge of the overlap with basic science advances across the neuroscience field and a good understanding of clinical synergies
- Have gained insights into the broad "hot topics" in neuroscience research and be able to generate useful discussions and ideas
- Be able to analyse and critically appraise the clinical and basic neuroscience literature in a chosen topic of interest
- Be able to apply this knowledge through creating new ideas for clinical research projects
- Be able to work in teams and effectively communicate clinical research findings
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of various advanced clinical research techniques that have broad application to many areas of neuroscience
- Understand clinical research applications of brain imaging techniques
- Understand the need for multi-disciplinary integration in clinical research and be able to establish appropriate collaborations across disciplines
- Have gained insights into current research applications of these techniques across the various neuroscience disciplines
- Be able to develop innovative strategies to investigate clinical neuroscience research questions to pursue in response to particular neurological problems; and
- Have achieved a level of competency enabling them to create and conduct high quality clinical neuroscience research projects from the original concept through to submission of competitive research proposals.
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this certificate.