Specialist Certificate in Criminology (Offender Management)
What will I study?
This course is designed to provide an understanding of sexual and violent offending pathways, risk, and the effective management of offenders in a correctional or criminal justice setting.
The course provides knowledge and skills relating to:
- The nature and complexities of sexual and violent offenders
- An understanding of risk and risk assessment
- The value and utility of strengths focussed approaches to offender management
- Effective and informed case management practices
- Self-care strategies to develop resilience.
This is an intensive postgraduate program taught over eight days, with pre-course reading material and further work to be completed outside of teaching hours. To gain this award you must complete two core subjects, Introduction to Offender Management and Advanced Practice in Offender Management, and attend all sessions of the course (unless a specific exemption is granted by the program coordinator).
You should expect to commit 150 hours per subject, including eight days of intensive teaching, completion of assessments and additional self-directed learning.
Course delivery dates (2020)
Introduction to Offender Management (CRIM90022)
|Advanced Practice in Offender Management (CRIM90023)|
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this certificate.