Specialist Certificate in Criminology (Offender Management)
Where will this take me?
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete the course should be able to:
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge about the nature and complexities of sexual and violent offenders and offending patterns and propensities
- Understand the professional and practice context for sexual and violent offender treatment and management
- Acquire skills in interacting with offenders in a way that supports their own motivation to commence and maintain change; and
- Understand the importance of self-care strategies in professional practice.
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge about those factors that lead to desistance in sexual and violent offenders
- Understand the core professional and practice skills for working with sexual and violent offenders.