Specialist Certificate in Design for Health and Wellbeing
This course has been designed to provide a short yet rich learning experience. Underpinned by robust research, rooted in practice, and taught by experts, you can expect an engaging and meaningful learning experience that will equip you with the practical skills to take into the feild.
Who you will learn from
With direct access to world leading subject experts, students benefit from cutting-edge research, industry relevant knowledge and technical expertise.
- Associate Professor Christhina Candido is an architect with a PhD in Civil Engineering and Environmental Science with expertise in the design, experience and performance of spaces. Christhina is a faculty member of the International WELL Building Institute.
- Dr Kirsten Day is an architect bringing expertise in design thinking, interior architecture and design for disability and health. Her publications and studios explore future scenarios and the impact of change.
- Dr Andrew Martel has been investigating the potential of the NDIS to drive innovation in design for disability. He brings qualitative and quantitative methods to research affordable, family friendly housing, high-density housing and remote Indigenous housing.
- Associate Professor Clare Newton is an architect and Doctor of Education with expertise in learning environments, the workplace and design for ageing.
As a student participating with Faculties committed to professional, continuing and executive education, you’ll have access to high-quality online education tools – all you need is a computer and an internet connection.
Your virtual classroom is academically robust and designed to prepare you for competition in your field. You will expand your skills and knowledge via innovative technologies like webinars, podcasts and moderated discussion forums.
Why study online?
The online learning environment has been carefully devised by expert academics, alongside learning designers and technology specialists, to facilitate an interactive and flexible student experience.
At the University of Melbourne, you will have access to the best minds and a dynamic peer group. Throughout the course you will be able to engage closely with fellow online students and share your knowledge with each other.
Gain access to the highest levels of support
From your initial expression of interest right through to graduation, you’ll receive all the technical support you need.
Don’t be surprised if you learn our student support team members by name – they are dedicated, personal and friendly and they understand that every student experience is unique. If a challenge arises, they’ll do everything in their power to assist you so that you can continue to have an excellent learning experience.
Our online student support consultants can assist with:
- Enrolment and subject assistance
- Administrative logistics and fee options
- Technical support, regular health checks, and technical support during live webinars
- Online learning skills and workload management
- Special circumstances.