Specialist Certificate in Neonatal Care
Where will this take me?
Pathways to Further Study
On completion of the Specialist Certificate in Neonatal Care, students who are registered nurses may be eligible for 25 credit points of advanced standing into the Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Neonatal Intensive Care).
Who Should Apply
The program is for registered nurses or registered midwives who are practicing in the specialty of neonatal care. At least one year of documented clinical experience as a registered nurse or midwife within the preceding 5 years from the time of application, and; Current unrestricted registration with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Sound understanding of the scientific knowledge and evidence based practice that underpins neonatal specialty practice
Application of knowledge and skills
- The ability to apply critical thinking to complex clinical situations in the provision of neonatal care
- The ability to communicate an in-depth understanding of the theory underpinning specialty neonatal practice
- Advanced problem solving skills appropriate for delivery and evaluation of neonatal care as a specialty practice nurse or midwife
- Lifelong learning skills that includes the ability to apply knowledge learned from the course to a specialty area of practice and ongoing professional development in preparation for more advanced levels of specialty practice (i.e Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice - Neonatal Intensive Care).