Specialist Certificate in Nursing Practice
- 6 months part time
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Summer Intake - January, Term 2 Intake - April, Term 3 Intake - July, and Term 4 Intake - October
When you study the Specialist Certificate in Nursing Practice you will gain crucial critical thinking skills that will make you competitive in the workforce.
This course is designed to advance Registered Nurses’ knowledge and skills for professional practice in a range of clinical settings including: acute and subacute settings. You will develop the knowledge to understand the practice of providing nursing care to individuals experiencing acute alterations in their health status.
Based on the latest evidence and best practice guidelines, you will be able to deliver high quality patient care with confidence and on completion, you’ll have the opportunity to choose a specialisation through further study pathways into the online Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (cardiorespiratory or renal specialties) or the on-campus Master of Advanced Nursing Practice.
At Australia's leading university, your online learning experience will be rich and engaging. Online study will allow you to continue your professional development while allowing you to easily fit your learning around other life commitments.
With a Specialist Certificate in Nursing Practice, graduates will gain in-demand critical thinking skills to deliver high-quality care to patients with various medical conditions. Over the two consecutive terms of this two-subject, 25 credit-point clinical coursework program students will benefit from the support of the University’s mentors in a flexible, engaging online environment and gain the knowledge and ability to improve your clinical practice and advance your career.
Related pathway courses
You may also be interested in the following courses:
- Master of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Cancer and Palliative Care)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Critical Care)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Emergency)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Neonatal Intensive Care)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Paediatric Intensive Care)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Paediatrics)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Rural Critical Care)
- Specialist Certificate in Neonatal Care