Specialist Certificate in Paediatric Orthopaedic Physiotherapy
What will I study?
To satisfy the requirements of the Specialist Certificate in Paediatric Orthopaedics Physiotherapy, students must successfully complete both subjects, a total of 25 points.
Subject 1 is delivered over 3 x 1 week long intensives delivery periods plus outside teaching reading and coursework.
Subject 2 is a clinical based subject requiring 170 hours or face-to-face time.
Intended learning outcomes
The course aims to enable participants to:
- Acquire the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values necessary for the development of the advanced physiotherapist role in paediatric orthopaedics in the outpatient setting.
- Understand and apply advanced clinical reasoning skills and an evidence-based approach to decision making
- Develop a high level of oral and written communication skills
- Gain an understanding of the changing knowledge base in the specialist area
- Facilitate the development, implementation and undertaking of new and innovative practices within legislative and professional boundaries
- Recognise the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for effective team functioning
- Develop the leadership, team work relevant to advanced practitioners.
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this certificate.