Specialist Certificate in Palliative Care
- 6 months part time
- On Campus (Parkville)
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Summer Intake - February and Mid Year Intake - July
The Specialist Certificate in Palliative Care is an ideal introduction to palliative and end of life care for all health professionals. This includes doctors, nurses, social workers, physiotherapists, psychologists, occupational therapists, pastoral care workers, music and art therapists, working in any setting including inpatient, community and outpatient services. It provides a broad overview of the core concepts and practices of palliative care including practice standards, symptom management, non-cancer contexts, bereavement care, psychosocial issues, support for carers and effective communication skills.
This program is delivered in partnership with The Centre for Palliative Care (CPC). The centre is part of St Vincent’s Hospital and a Collaborative Centre of The University of Melbourne. The Centre plays a pivotal role in the development and delivery of state-wide training and education programs for health professionals from a variety of disciplines.
Interested in this course?
Register your interest and we will keep you up to date with important course information like entry requirements and application open and closing dates.
Related pathway courses
Or alternatively, the suite of palliative care programs is also offered as individual professional development short courses. This will be particularly inviting to generalist health care professionals and/or those working in Specialist Palliative Care who want to update their skills but may not want to complete an award course. Certificates of Continuing Professional Development hours will be provided.
- Professional Development in Adult Palliative Care
- Professional Development in Adult Palliative Care - Hume
- Professional Development in Contemporary Approaches to Bereavement
- Professional Development in Fundamentals of Palliative Care
- Professional Development in Fundamentals of Palliative Care – Hume
- Professional Development in Paediatric Palliative Care
- Professional Development in Psychosocial Aspects of Palliative Care
- Professional Development in Ethics in Clinical Practice.