Specialist Certificate in the Management of Contact Lens Patients
Where will this take me?
Continue your professional development
For optometrists in Australia and New Zealand, this Specialist Certificate easily satisfies your annual CPD point quota, as determined by the Optometry Board of Australia.
Please note: Registration to practice in Australia is NOT granted on completion of this course.
On completion of the subject the enrolled optometrist will:
- Have acquired further knowledge of pathophysiology, diagnostic issues and evidence-based best-practice management of ocular responses to contact lenses, including infection
- Have a detailed knowledge of contemporary contact lens materials and designs
- Be prepared to manage complex contact lens presentations, fittings and contact lens-related complications
- Advanced their clinical knowledge and developed flexibility of outlook such that they are better prepared for future paradigm shifts in the field of contact lens practice
- Have an ability to modify and improve practice based on dialogue, self-reflection and life-long learning.