Specialist Certificate in the Management of Neuro-Ophthalmic Disorders
- 6 months part time
- Available to domestic and international students
- Mid Year Intake - July
This Specialist Certificate is a part-time course for established optometrists seeking to continue their professional development and extend their abilities in the evaluation of the sensory and motor pathways of the visual system.
Offered by the Department of Optometry & Vision Sciences in the School of Health Sciences, this is an entirely online course.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for already-qualified optometrists looking to advance their existing skills and knowledge. This course does not carry professional accreditation and is not a pathway to professional registration as an optometrist.
You will also gain accredited continuing professional development (CPD) points as you study and work towards the Masters qualification*.
*CPD points are relevant to practitioners based in Australia or New Zealand. Suitably qualified overseas candidates are also welcome to apply.
This Specialist Certificate provides 25 credit points towards the Master of Clinical Optometry, the University of Melbourne’s premier course for established optometrists.
Other components of the Master of Clinical Optometry can be undertaken separately as Specialist Certificates:
- Specialist Certificate in Anterior and Dry Eye Disorders
- Specialist Certificate in Glaucoma and Retinal Disease
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Contact Lens Patients
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Low Vision Patients
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Paediatric Patients.