Specialist Certificate in the Management of Paediatric Patients
- 6 months part time
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Mid Year Intake - July
Management of Paediatric Patients (Optometry) covers central issues within the field of paediatric optometry, with the aim of developing each student’s capacity for effective management of the paediatric patient, including co-management with other professionals involved in paediatric care.
A range of areas will be covered, encompassing the developmental, visual and educational issues relevant to paediatric optometry. Specific areas covered will include disorders such as amblyopia, strabismus, ametropia, accommodative- vergence dysfunction and visual processing disorders.
Childhood development and how this affects our evaluation of vision and its impact on learning is covered. The ocular and visual challenges seen in common childhood syndromes such as Down Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy will be investigated, including associated ocular diseases relevant to other special needs paediatric populations.
Related pathway courses
- Master of Clinical Optometry
- Specialist Certificate in Anterior and Dry Eye Disorders
- Specialist Certificate in Glaucoma and Retinal Disease
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Contact Lens Patients
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Low Vision Patients
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Neuro-Ophthalmic Disorders.