Proposal and Folio
Entry to the Design and Production specialisation is based on a written proposal, portfolio, and an interview for shortlisted applicants only. Applicants will be required to complete the requirements below. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an online interview as the final component of the application process.
Upload your written proposal and portfolio via the supplementary application form
You should prepare and submit a proposal with
- a summary of your experience (to date) in your chosen screen field (500 words)
- a statement of 700-1000 words outlining the proposed research and a summary of relevant experience.
Your portfolio should consist of:
- samples of recent creative work that supports your application and proposal, including designs, photos, drawings, images, illustrations, artwork etc and/or video* (15 mins max) of excerpts
All portfolio items must be clearly labelled with title, date, medium and dimension/duration of work.
*For video files that exceed 250MB, you can upload it to a video platform such as YouTube or Vimeo and submit the URL link. Please do not password protect your video/s.
How will I be assessed?
Your written proposal will be assessed against the following criteria by the selection panel:
- relevance and currency of topic
- availability of relevant resources
- availability of relevant supervision
Your portfolio will be assessed against the following criteria by the selection panel:
- demonstrated originality in design and/or production;
- requisite level of skill
- track record and experience in fields of design and/or production
In the interview, shortlisted applicants will be assessed against the following criteria by the selection panel:
- ability to convey and explain proposal
- ability to engage in discussion of ideas in relation to design and/or production
- clear commitment to undertaking the research and practice work
Please note that all applicants will be ranked based on the above criteria, up to the capacity of places within the course.