Bachelor of Science (Degree with Honours)
- CRICOS Code: 014791D
What will I study?
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) program is taught through the Faculty of Science, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, Melbourne School of Psychological Science, or the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences depending on the research stream.
There are two components to the honours program:
- Advanced coursework component
Learn more about a particular area of interest and expand on the theoretical basis of your research work. Develop expertise in the broad scientific field(s) where your research project is placed, including the methodology and the use of scientific literature in your specialist area of study.
- Research project component
This research component will give you the opportunity to apply your knowledge and technical skills in a supervised research project. You will develop skills in experimental design, project implementation, and the communication outcomes of a research project. You will develop your technical and data acquisition skills, problem-solving, and critical thinking capabilities for research. This will help you with your communication skills and to prepare risk assessment documents and applications for ethics approval.
Faculty of Science Honours streams
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences streams
- Anatomy and Physiology, and Neuroscience (2022)
- Biochemistry and Pharmacology (2022)
- Clinical Pathology
- Medical Biology (WEHI)
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Optometry and Vision Sciences
- Oral Health Science
- Otolaryngology (Hearing Sciences)
- Paediatrics (Murdoch Children’s Research Institute)
- Population and Global Health
- Primary Care (General Practice)
- Surgery (Austin Health)