Plant and Soil Science
Where will this take me?
The Plant and Soil Science major will equip you with the skills to address issues in plant health and sustainable agriculture.
It will provide you with a strong understanding of agronomy – the science of using plants for food, fuel, fiber, and land reclamation. Agronomy is fundamental to most fields of agriculture and leads to a range of careers.
- Agronomist: advise producers on maximising land use
- Catchment manager or environmental adviser: improve sustainability and environmental health
- Soil scientist: contribute to research, efficient water use or advanced fertiliser development
- Orchard manager: develop budgets, work with marketers, supervise field teams and oversee the production line to deliver fresh fruit to market
- Government policy adviser: apply your agricultural understanding to help government balance programs, regulations and priorities.