What will I study?
You'll gain knowledge on the challenges in education leadership and management – including curriculum reform. Learn cognitive, technical and creative skills to evaluate complex ideas, concepts and models related to leadership and management issues in educational settings.
Specialisation subjects are:
- Managing Educational Organisation
- Leading the Educational Organisation
- Leading for Teacher Quality
- School Effectiveness and Improvement.
Further electives are available in leadership and management that focus on personal and interpersonal leadership skills, curriculum leadership, marketing and innovation, and leading learning communities. You can choose to use your electives to further specialise or take subjects from other areas such as student wellbeing, equity, diversity and social change.
For detailed course and subject information, see the University Handbook: Master of Education.
The Master of Education may be undertaken through either:
- full-time study, comprising four semesters over two years, or
- part-time study, comprising up to eight semesters over four years.
On campus (evenings and weekends)
Semester 1, Semester 2
Explore this specialisation
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this specialisation.