Mathematics and Science Education
Where will this take me?
This course will equip you with research-informed knowledge, practical skills, and insight to empower your professional practice. The course content will benefit a range of education professionals, including:
- Education leaders
- Policy makers
Successful completion of this specialisation will allow you to:
- Critically analyse educational theories, public debates, policies and practice that are relevant to science, mathematics, and numeracy.
- Evaluate the social, cultural, and philosophical contexts informing science and mathematics education and communication
- Apply specific theoretical understanding and knowledge of current research, debates, policies and practices to critique and evaluate specific science and mathematics education and communication units and curricula
- Integrate and apply theories and evidence from different disciplinary areas in relation to the design of science and mathematics education and communication units and programs
- (Re-)design science and mathematics education and communication educational units and programs, applying theory-based design principles for effective education.
Through your education studies, teaching placements and research projects, you will develop strong professional and personal connections with community and industry that will open doors to an outstanding future.
Finish your specialisation confident of gaining employment, thanks to the excellent reputation of Melbourne Graduate School of Education. We have been ranked as #1 in Australia and #12 in the world for Education*, meaning a degree from us is a globally-recognised achievement.
*QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020: Education