What will I study?
The Mathematics Education specialisation offers a holistic view of mathematics in an educational context, preparing you to be a leader in your field. You’ll explore the social, historical and technological contexts informing mathematics in educational policies and practices.
To earn a specialisation in Mathematics Education, you are required to complete four specialisation subjects as well as the Master of Education core subjects and your chosen elective subjects.
Mathematics specialisation subjects are:
- Mathematics: Improving Learning
- Mathematics: Building Teacher Capacity
- Mathematics: Across the Curriculum
- Mathematics: Teaching with Technology
For detailed course and subject information, see the University Handbook: Master of Education.
The Master of Education may be undertaken through either:
- full-time study, comprising four semesters over two years, or
- part-time study, comprising up to eight semesters over four years.
On campus (evenings and weekends)
Semester 1, Semester 2
Explore this specialisation
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this specialisation.