What will I study?
The Medical Biology PhD Program encapsulates all the benefits of undertaking your PhD at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute. You will be immersed in an intensive research environment at the Institute that includes:
- Senior researchers, postdoctoral fellows, and research assistants
- Professional and technical support services and staff
- A Scientific Education Office
- Opportunities to develop diverse professional skills that will benefit their future.
You will have access to a large range of academic, professional and career development opportunities to expand your understanding of science, medical biology, research management, commercialisation and clinical translation. This broader skills training includes:
- Weekly Postgraduate series, Institute, Division and student completion seminars
- Internal Internship program
- Mentoring program
- Professional development and career workshops
- Leadership opportunities through Institute committees and the student association.
Detailed Program information is available on the Institute website.