PhD Program overview
The OneHealth PhD Program provides you with a training and support framework to complement your PhD. Graduate researchers from within the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences, the Peter Doherty Institute and the School of Biosciences are encouraged to participate in the program. As a Program participant, you will develop the skills required to tackle to health problems with an interdisciplinary One Health focus.
The One Health concept recognises that water, soil, plant, animal and human health are interdependent. Within the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences, it is our vision to conduct high-quality, high-impact research, within and across the One Health spectrum. The OneHealth PhD Program is a key element of our One Health strategy.
By participating in this Program, you can:
- Further your understanding by attending One Health focussed seminars presented by senior academics, esteemed visiting academics and industry representatives
- Increase your skills via workshops offered by our training partners across campuses
- Develop your networks and expand your horizons with our mentoring program
- Enjoy a broader cohort experience within your PhD studies
- Prepare for the next stage of your career, wherever it leads you.
All enrolled graduate researchers studying within the One Health disciplines of water, soil, plant, animal or human health are encouraged to participate. To join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from your University of Melbourne student account with your student username.