Bachelor of Arts (Extended)
- VTAC Code: 3800538921
- International VTAC Code: NA
Where will this take me?
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Arts (Extended), you’ll be equipped to enter into professional careers, or pursue further graduate study. Through our graduate schools, we offer programs across arts and cultural management, government, media and communications, and the social sciences.
Our graduates are in-demand. And, they’re successful in securing employment across a diverse range of industries. With a Bachelor of Arts, you’ll develop career-ready skills including: creative and analytical thinking, communication expertise, and leadership.
Explore the world
Develop an international perspective through language study, and enjoy opportunities to study overseas.
Pursue the career you want
Different career paths require different skills and specialist knowledge. You can pair studies from more than 30 subject areas available in Arts and gain the foundational knowledge to pursue the career you want. Here are some examples:
- Ancient World Studies + Latin = Archaeology
- Art History + French = Art curatorship
- Criminology + Psychology = Forensic psychology
- Development Studies + Sociology = Local government, NGOs
- English and Theatre Studies + History = Teaching
- Geography + Environmental Studies = Environmental activism
- Linguistics and Applied Linguistics + Chinese = Translation
- Media and Communications + Creative Writing = Journalism
- Psychology + Linguistics and Applied Linguistics = Speech pathology
- Psychology + Media and Communications = Marketing
- Sociology + Psychology = Social work
Many of our graduates who do not go onto further study, are employed in a diverse array of fields. Some of these include: Government - Victorian Public Service and Australian Public Service (via Graduate Employment Programs); Non-government organisations (eg project coordination, research and policy support, advocacy); and Media and communications organisations (eg journalism cadetships, communications, online content management, media monitoring).
Bachelor of Arts graduates have diverse skills and work in a wide range of occupations, depending on where their passions, experience and opportunities have taken them.
Employers of our graduates include:
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
- Australian government
- Fairfax Media
- Museum Victoria
- Penguin Books
- State Library of Victoria
- United Nations
- Victoria Legal Aid.
Entry-level positions taken up by recent graduates include:
- Arts administrator
- Business consultant
- Communications officer
- Executive officer
- Media adviser
- Policy officer
- Project officer
- Research assistant
- Student adviser
- Technical writer
- Training coordinator
- Travel writer.
Mid-career positions held by our graduates include:
- Advertising specialist
- Communications manager
- Community organiser
- Human resource adviser
- Land economist
- Political adviser
- Project manager
- University academic