Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
- CRICOS Code: 093583B
- VTAC Code: 3800638931
- International VTAC Code: 3800638933
Where will this take me?
Hone skills and expertise to work independently (or ensemble), in a wide range of careers - both locally and internationally. Our graduates have diverse careers as
- Artistic directors
- Ballet teachers
- Community dance artists
- Contemporary dance teachers
- Dance researchers
- Dance writers/critics
Recent alumni success
Recently we have celebrated the successes of:
- Siobhan McKenna (2016), who won the 2017 Fringe Festival award for Best Dance
- Olivia McPherson (2016) and Jack Riley (2016), who performed with Tasdance in Fragile Matter in March 2017
- Kyall Shanks (2015) and Patrick Weir (2016), who performed in the new production of Lord of the Flies at the Arts Centre Melbourne in April 2017
- Lee Serle (2003), whose latest interdisciplinary/participatory contemporary performance work Multimodal was performed at the Substation in 2016 to critical acclaim.
Once you've completed your undergraduate degree, you can go on to gain employment or begin a graduate degree and work towards a professional qualification such as law, engineering or medicine. Or you could join our graduate research community and contribute to our world-changing research.
Your graduate degree will be internationally recognised, and set you apart from those who study a traditional Australian single or double degree.
Explore the graduate pathways available once you complete your undergraduate degree here.