Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- CRICOS Code: 058837J
- VTAC Code: 3800638231
- International VTAC Code: 3800638233
What will I study?
The Bachelor of Music program is a three-year, full-time degree that offers pre-professional music training. The 300-point program is made up of:
- 12.5 point compulsory Level 1 discovery subject: Musical Perspectives
- 225 points of a prescribed music major
- 50 points of breadth
- including at least 12.5 points at Level 2 or 3
- 12.5 points of either elective or breadth
Course Progression Rules
Students must have completed the compulsory subject Musical Perspectives before taking Level 2 core subjects.
Students must have completed all Level 1 core subjects before taking Level 3 core subjects.
Note: Core subjects in this program have prerequisites. Refer to individual subject entries.
Students apply for and enrol in one of six majors:
- Interactive Composition
- Jazz & Improvisation
- Musicology & Ethnomusicology
- Music Studies
Students may apply to transfer between Performance, Composition, Musicology & Ethnomusicology, and Music Studies, subject to meeting entry requirements for the major.