Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- CRICOS Code: 058837J
- VTAC Code: 3800638231
- International VTAC Code: 3800638233
Where will this take me?
Whichever major you choose to pursue in the Bachelor of Music, you will enjoy a wide range of employment options in a range of different industries. Explore some of the careers our graduates have moved into after graduating below.
Careers in: Music Performance
While the logical path is to become a performing musician, the Music Performance major is your pathway to a range of employment options, including:
- Orchestral musician
- Sessional musician for film, television, live shows, theatre or recording sessions
- Soloist, ensemble member, accompanist, chamber musician
- Opera singer
- Chorus member
- Concert agent
- Concert manager
- Studio or classroom music teacher
- Music administrator
- Audio technician
- Music producer or sound engineer
- Radio broadcaster or programmer.
Further study options
You have the flexibility to enter the workforce straight from your undergraduate degree, or you may choose to progress to a fourth-year Honours degree.
Honours is an intensive and highly specialised one-year program designed to draw together your previous studies and focus your knowledge, skills and intellect, allowing you to master your field of knowledge and create a pathway into advanced graduate study options in music.