Bachelor of Science
- CRICOS Code: 002153M
- VTAC Code: 3800538271
- International VTAC Code: 3800538273
Where will this take me?
The Bachelor of Science is your first step towards a dream career in science, engineering, health or technology.
It can take you into a hospital, down a mine, behind the controls of a particle accelerator, out onto a coral reef, into an executive office… or into hundreds of other careers and fields. The choice is yours.
After graduating, you’ll have the breadth, depth and experience you need to join the workforce, or you could move on to graduate study.
For more information, read up on our Bachelor of Science majors to see which careers our students end up in.
Helping you into the workforce
There’s a reason we rank in the top 10 universities worldwide for graduate employability.* While you’re with us, we focus on helping you explore possible careers, build your professional confidence and make connections in your field.
Your opportunities include:
- Completing an internship in a workplace for course credit
- Learning from an industry professional in our mentoring program
- Developing the skills you’ll need to find a job and impress employers in our free Job Ready short course
- Making connections in one of our many career advice and employer networking sessions.
Further study: professional graduate degrees
Some of the graduate degrees you could take after completing the Bachelor of Science are:
- If you complete one of our engineering systems majors, you can continue on to a Master of Engineering.
- If you study life sciences, you can go on to the Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Dental Surgery, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Doctor of Physiotherapy or Master of Biotechnology.
- If you pursue mathematics or computer science, you can go on to the Master of Data Science, Master of Information Technology, or Master of Computational Biology.
- Want to work in the environmental space? Move on to a Master of Environmental Science, Master of Environment, Master of Geography , or Master of Ecosystem Management and Conservation.
- You can also take your science background to pursue qualifications in law (Juris Doctor), education (Master of Teaching), or social and political science (Master of Development Studies, Master of Social Policy, or Master of Public Policy and Management).
You may be eligible for a guaranteed place in some of our graduate degrees.
After completing a Bachelor of Science, you’ll also be eligible to apply for a range of graduate degrees at other universities.
Further study: graduate research
If research is your passion, the first step after the Bachelor of Science is to complete research training via one of the Master of Science or Master of Engineering degrees, or the Master of Biomedical Science. Alternatively, you can add an honours year to your Bachelor of Science (for selected areas of study).
After that, you’ll be all set to apply for a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) or another graduate research program.
*QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2021
Once you've completed your undergraduate degree, you can go on to gain employment or begin a graduate degree and work towards a professional qualification such as law, engineering or medicine. Or you could join our graduate research community and contribute to our world-changing research.
Your graduate degree will be internationally recognised, and set you apart from those who study a traditional Australian single or double degree.
Explore the graduate pathways available once you complete your undergraduate degree here.