In the Diploma in Mathematical Sciences you’ll be taught by researchers who are world experts in their fields: forecasting disease outbreaks, perfecting the mathematics of nano-scale microscopy, and decoding data to predict landslides are just a few of the projects our mathematicians and statisticians are leading.
You’ll benefit from close proximity to these important research centres and organisations – all located on campus:
- Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Mathematical and Statistical Frontiers (ACEMS)
- the Statistical Consulting Centre
- Melbourne Integrative Genomics
- MATRIX international research institute
Get involved with the Melbourne University Mathematics and Statistics Society. They organise a variety of activities, including seminars, trivia competitions, barbecues and of course the annual Puzzle Hunt and Maths Olympics.