Graduate degree pathway
How to become a doctor
What will I study?
1. Choose your undergraduate degree
To study medicine, you must first complete an undergraduate degree.
2. Enter the Doctor of Medicine
Following your undergraduate degree, you can complete a Doctor of Medicine. Designed for students who have completed their undergraduate studies and are committed to professional training, this unique MD recognises both the personal and professional development of each individual.
The Doctor of Medicine (MD) is a four year full-time course comprising:
- One year of integrated bioscience and clinical learning featuring an innovative case-based teaching approach
- Two core clinical training years which facilitate learning with patients in a wide range of settings
- Discovery subjects which provide students flexibility to explore areas of particular interest
- The option to complete an immersive research experience in an area of interest
- A capstone semester in which you will "rehearse" the skills required for effective and safe clinical practice
- An annual medical conference which will provide opportunities to interact with leaders in research, policy and clinical healthcare.