Aesthetic Crowns in Paediatric Dentistry
Combining resilience with aesthetics, the use of paediatric zirconia crowns is an exciting treatment option for the restoration of primary teeth. This combined blended learning program has been developed to provide you with all the information you need to incorporate this clinical technique and build your practice. The online lecture component provides a comprehensive overview of the theoretical foundations and will be followed by a workshop providing practical training in the sizing, preparing, fitting and cementation of paediatric zirconia crowns. Clinical recommendations including case selection will be reviewed as well as practical tips to overcome common problems. This program will address potential issues, offering solutions for concerns about cementation, wear and durability to enable clinicians to offer this increasingly sought treatment alternative with confidence.
Program Delivery – Online Blended Learning and Hands-on Pre-clinical session
- Online web lectures via Learning Management System, Canvas.
- A short MCQ (multiple choice questions) to cement your knowledge on the lecture topics. An additional one hour of Scientific CPD is awarded.
- Online Live Q&A Session for follow up questions and interaction with the presenters.
- Hands-on Pre-clinical lab session – this session is only available to participants who have first completed the online blended learning lectures, MCQ and Live Q&A session.
- Aesthetics and paediatric dentistry - providing holistic, care for your patients
- Case selection for aesthetic preformed crowns
- Tooth preparation, fitting and cementation of zirconia crowns
- Identifying and managing with complications
At the conclusion of the program participants should be able to:
- To understand the evidence for and indications for zirconia crowns
- To learn the steps involved in the placement of a zirconia crowns
- To select appropriate cases for use of zirconia crowns
For enquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is proudly sponsored by:
Check out a full profile on the presenters.
Dr Mihiri Silva
Dr James Lucas AM