Deep Vein Thrombosis Ultrasound
The DVT Point of Care Ultrasound Simulator course (DVT POCUS) uses a novel teaching system to maximise hands-on learning to develop your skills in bedside ultrasound diagnosis of deep venous thrombosis of the upper leg.
Incomplete venous compressibility approaches the accuracy of conventional comprehensive venous ultrasound, is easy to learn and quick to perform.
The course is aimed at emergency and critical care physicians and anaesthetists. No experience or prior training is required.
- Understanding of the sonoanatomy of the deep veins of the leg
- Performance and interpretation of point of care venous compression ultrasound of the upper leg
- Understanding of the conventional comprehensive venous examination of the leg
- Understanding of findings of diagnosis of DVT in the upper and lower leg
- The pre-workshop learning is approximately 10 hours and is accessed by an app or web-browser covers the basic theory and 5 real pathology cases for interpretation practice.
- The 90 minute workshop is in small groups (up to 5 per instructor) and consists of hands-on ultrasound practice on a healthy live model and a simulator that has a DVT.
- pre and post course on-line (open book) x 20 MCQ exams
- 5 x MCQs for each of the 5 case studies and 3 simulator case studies
The course consists of eLearning, workshop and post workshop practice on a simulator.