Dentoalveolar Surgery Refresher Course
This course is designed to allow participants to refresh their knowledge of the basic principles of oral surgery and enhance their extraction skills. It will allow participants to achieve deeper insight into the most common surgical complications encountered in general practice and to become confident in the surgical management of minor dentoalveolar surgical cases as well as being able to manage medically compromised patients in a majority of situations.
- Medically compromised patient
- Infection control update
- Outline of basic surgical techniques
- Management of the Bisphosphonate patient
- Exodontia and management of common complications of exodontia
- Surgical management of third molars
- Surgical aspect of orthodontics, endodontics and prosthodontics
At the conclusion of the course, participants should:
- be able to manage the majority of complex extractions and minor dentoalveolar surgery cases
Participants wishing to enrol in this program must hold a current operator's licence to use irradiating apparatus. Credentialing paperwork will be sent to participants upon enrolling.
Program Delivery – Online Blended Learning and Hands-on Pre-clinical session
- Online web lectures via Learning Management System, Canvas.
- A short MCQ (multiple choice questions) to cement your knowledge on the lecture topics. An additional one hour of Scientific CPD is awarded.
- Online Live Q&A Session for follow up questions and interaction with the presenters.
- Hands-on Pre-clinical lab session and live patient surgery sessions – this session is only available to participants who have first completed the online blended learning lectures, MCQ and Live Q&A session.
For enquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out a full profile on the presenters.
Dr Shreya Tocaciu
Dr Sam Huang
Mr Adrian DeAngelis
Mr Warren Crossley
Mr Jameel Kaderbhai
Associate Professor Dragan Grubor
Mr Balanand Subramanian
Dr Jason Savage
Dr Mehrnoosh (Nu) Dastaran
Mr Aaron Thomas
There will be no new intake of participants for the 2021 Dentosurgery courses due to the cancellation of programs during 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will not be taking a waiting list for the 2021 programs.
Information regarding the 2022 programs will be made available during mid to late 2021 and further details will be listed on the CPD web site at this time.